The proposed roundabout at the intersection of Rancho California Road and Anza Road will serve the growing Wine Country area of Temecula Valley. This roundabout will allow vehicular, equestrian, bicycle and pedestrian traffic to interact through the intersection more efficiently and safely while keeping its natural wine county landscape.
The roundabout will accommodate the estimated 15,600 of daily vehicular traffic and a peak hour vehicular traffic of over 2100.
In the vicinity of the project, a multipurpose trail will be constructed on the north side of Rancho California Road. Bike trails will be constructed on the south side of Rancho California and on the east side of Anza Road
The roundabout at Rancho California Road and Anza Road will be the first of five roundabouts that are being proposed for the Wine County area. Roundabouts are also proposed along Rancho California Road at La Serena Way, Calle Contento, Monte De Oro Road and Glenoaks Road.
The roundabout at Rancho California Road and Anza Road is expected to start construction in January 2012.
Anza Roundabout Project
||Sunday – Saturday 6 AM – 8 PM
- Reconfigure the intersection of Rancho California Road at Anza Road to accommodate a two-lane roundabout.
- Landscaping installation in the center island of the roundabout.
- Construct the splitter islands of the roundabout with colored stamped concrete.
- Construct a Water Quality Basin along Anza Road north of Rancho California Road.
- Construct an Equestrian Crossing on Rancho California Road east of Anza Road.
- Add safety street lighting at intersection of Rancho California Road and Anza Road.